It’s been said that Ben Wa Balls came about somewhere around 500 A.D. in the Orient. They’re also called benoit balls, dutone, love balls, pleasure balls, and a variety of other names.
The story goes that originally these tiny, usually weighted, ben wa balls were meant to provide male pleasure during intercourse- go figure. Us ladies quickly realized that they could provide pleasure for us too! And in true lady form, we took ownership! The feeling of the balls floating freely in the vagina and constantly massaging the vaginal walls could intense sexual arousal in many of these women.
SO WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY ?
Ben Wa Balls are usually marble sized (sometimes a bit larger) and are now available in various materials, shapes and colors.
AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
As years following, oh, 500 A.D. progressed, medical professionals and researchers found that not only could the balls provide pleasure for some, but they also had many health benefits.
DID YOU EAT YOUR VEGETABLES? HOW ‘BOUT DO YOUR KEGELS?
We all know exercise is good for strengthening our muscles. A sometimes unknown exercise for our P.C., or pubococcygeus muscle– the muscle that controls our urine flow and contracts during orgasm, is the Kegel.
Kegel Exercises Benefits:
- strengthening your vaginal muscles in general
- women who recently had childbirth to restore the vaginal muscle tone
- helping a weak bladder
- prolong or prevent prolapse of pelvic organs
- provide sexual enhancement for both partners
Ben Wa Balls are the best and easiest way to excercise the PC muscles because the vagina is forced to flex in order to hold the balls inside. Additionally, when the muscles are flexed, it rushes blood to that area, that indicates sexual arousal. Some women report that they are aroused constantly while wearing them.
BEN WA / KEGEL TIPS ‘N TRICKS
- Find the right muscles: Stop the flow of urine when you pee. That’s the p.c. muscle you’ve got the basic move now
- Empty your bladder before doing the exercises, it will make it easier to hold the balls in
- Inserting the Ben Wa’s is very simple. Similar to inserting a tampon, place one or both balls into vaginal entrance. Some women prefer allowing balls to go all the way back, others like to keep close to their entrance. No worries ladies- it is impossible for them to get lost in your body…
- Tighten the muscles and hold for 3-5 seconds (as you continue, you will find you can hold for longer). Exhale and release
- The Elevator- it takes some practice but this exercise is one of the best. Imagine an elevator in your vagina. Take the muscles slowly “up each floor”, stopping at each for a second or two. Once you reach the top- usually the fourth or fifth floor ;), take the elevator back down to ground level- repeat
- Besides our now regular exercise routine, wear the Ben Wa Balls for several hours a day- just holding them inside is going to vastly strengthen those walls!
- When first starting out, I suggest only wearing them in private- they sometimes sound easier to keep in then they are- don’t want them accidentally falling out in front of folks… imagine playing that one off! :o
- Try wearing your balls during intercourse- both women & men have reported heightened sexual enjoyment feeling the balls inside
- Removal- you can reach in and grab them, or try coughing, laughing or jumping- they will make their way down and sometimes just fall out. There are also balls that can be purchase with attached strings for easy removal. Just make sure the balls you purchase have a hygienic, non-porous string so they don’t harbor nasty bacteria!
- Make sure to wash your Ben Wa balls after each use- mild anti-bacterial soap and water will do the trick- dry well.
The Goodies Girl offers a wide variety of Ben Wa Balls- and they are a staple at the Goodies Girl Parties. Inexpensive, multi-functional, and filled with a plethora of health benefits- these lil’ balls should be in every girls nightstand…
YOUR “GOODIES GIRL”